Bangladesh’s Data Bird, the company behind online travel platform ShareTrip and communications app Ridmik Keyboard, has raised US$3 million to help it expand its ecosystem.
More funding details
- Lead investor: Global internet and software investor Skycatcher
- Stage: Bridge
More company updates
- Data Bird said it will invest the new funds in its fintech and digital advertising efforts, aiming to turn its Ridmik brand into a super app.
- The company also said it plans to continue investing and nurturing homegrown talent in Bangladesh as it expands.
- According to the firm, ShareTrip is currently Bangladesh’s largest online travel agent with a market share of over 50%, while Ridmik Keyboard stands as the country’s most used app.
- Data Bird previously said it was looking to raise US$10 million from regional and global venture capital funds in its ongoing series A round.